Callaway Epic Max Fairway Wood
|Open For Full Specifications|
- V STEEL™ ELEVATED – Multi-Material Construction – A bigger 190cc head design features precision weighting and strategic CG placement for explosive distance, enhanced forgiveness, and high launch
- New V Steel™ Design – An up to date V Steel™ design redistributes weight to enhance forgiveness while maintaining low CG properties. A depressed heel and toe reduce sole area, including to V Steel’s turf interplay and flexibility benefits
- C300 Steel Twist Face® – High-strength C300 metal allows for a robust fast face engineered for explosive ball speeds, paired with Twist Face® technology to overcome inherent golfer tendencies on miss-hits for straighter photographs
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ – Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ provides increased face flexibility, preservation of ball speed and distance, particularly on low face strikes
|SIM2 Max Fairway-3||15°||RH/LH||59°||190cc||43.25″||D3|
|SIM2 Max Fairway-3HL||16.5°||RH/LH||59°||190cc||43.25″||D3|
|SIM2 Max Fairway-5||18°||RH/LH||59.5°||160cc||42.25″||D3|
|SIM2 Max Fairway-7||21°||RH||60°||160cc||41.75″||D3|
|SIM2 Max Fairway-9||24°||RH||60.5°||140cc||41.25″||D3|
A throwback profile – with curves for the purist and performance for the pragmatist. Mizuno’s 3rd generation MAS1C face is Mizuno’s most powerful to date. A balanced package of low spin performance and stability – not common in most fairway woods. With adjustable hosel in both 3 and 5 wood.
“The fairway wood may be the least repeatedly changed club in any bag – so we spent a whole lot of time taking a look at older models that our tour players had hung onto through the years. It ended with lots of really delicate touches on the ST-Z – leading edge, transition into the hosel. There’s rather a lot to love at address.”
- MAS1C Maraging face: With optimized CORTECH multi-face thickness. Our thinnest and hottest FW face to date.
- Ultra-lightweight Carbon Crown: Lowers the COG for better spin vs MOI performance
- Re-engineered WAVE Technology: Compact Wave design lowers the mass contribution allowing for higher MOI and lower Center of Gravity.
- Quick Switch 3 & 5 WOOD: Provides 4 degrees of loft and face angle adjustability
|Model||Loft Range°||Lie Range||CC||Length (inch)||Hand|
|ST-Z 3W||15.0 (13.0-17.0)||55.5-58.5||183||43||RH/LH|
|ST-Z 5W||18.0 (16.0-20.0)||56.0-59.0||170||42.5||RH|
Some golfers try to avoid using a fairway wood; they just can’t make consistent contact off of the ground or they don’t hit it as well as they would like to. Big Bertha B21 is here to change all that – it’s our easiest to launch fairway wood that’s designed to give you more distance.
- Easy To Hit – Consistent contact and smooth turf interaction from a shallower face, progressive lengths, and an oversized Bertha shape.
- High Ball Speeds From Flash Face SS21 + Jailbreak – Our advanced A.I. design promotes fast ball speeds across an expansive area of the face, while Jailbreak bars increase stiffness and promote even more speed.
- Solid Contact And Straighter Flight – We’ve added offset to reduce slices and promote distance-enhancing draws.
|Wood||Loft||Availability||Standard Length||Lie||CC||Swing Weight|
|3W||15°||RH / LH||43.00″||57.00°||170||D2 (40g/50g), D4 (60g/70g)|
|5W||18°||RH / LH||42.25″||58.00°||137||D2 (40g/50g), D4 (60g/70g)|
|7W||21°||RH / LH||41.50″||59.00°||135||D2 (40g/50g), D4 (60g/70g)|
|9W||24°||RH Only||40.75″||60.00°||132||D2 (40g/50g), D4 (60g/70g)|
|RCH 45 Graphite||Light||45||high||low|
|RCH 45 Graphite||Regular||45||high||low|
|RCH 55 Graphite||Light||55||high||low|
|RCH 55 Graphite||Regular||55||mid||low-mid|
|RCH 55 Graphite||Stiff||55||mid||mid|
|RCH 65 Graphite||Regular||65||mid||mid|
|RCH 65 Graphite||Stiff||65||low-mid||mid|
|RCH 75 Graphite||Regular||75||mid||mid|
|RCH 75 Graphite||Stiff||75||low-mid||mid|
In the G425 fairway woods and hybrids, two shared PING innovations known as Facewrap Technology and Spinsistency combine to deliver more distance and spin predictability while offering numerous options to ensure proper gapping throughout a golfer’s bag. The fairway woods are also available in LST (Low Spin Technology) and SFT (Straight Flight Technology) to best match a golfer’s swing and launch conditions.
a. Facewrap Technology
With the Facewrap design, a thin, high-strength maraging steel face extends into the crown and sole to provide increased flexing for faster ball speeds that result in greater distance and high launching shots.
To bring more consistent spin performance, the faces of the fairway woods and hybrids are engineered with a complex face curvature that modifies the roll profile, mainly low on the face where the loft decreases approximately 2.5º to normalize spin and increase ball speed for more distance. Both player and PING Man robot testing revealed greatly improved distance results from Spinsistency, specifically low on the face, the most common miss-hit for fairway woods and hybrids.
G425 SFT (Straight Flight Technology)
For golfers who commonly miss their tee shots to the right, the 460cc SFT version is engineered with draw bias to help bring shots back online and into the fairway. It features a fixed 23-gram tungsten back weight that shifts the CG closer to the heel to promote a right-to-left shot bend of approximately 25 yards compared to the G425 Max model. A lighter swing weight (D1) also helps influence the ball flight correction.
- G425 SFT (Straight Flight) loft options: 3W (16º), 5W (19º), 7W (22º)
- Std. length: 3W (43″), 5W (42 1/2″), 7W (42″)
- Loft adjustability: 5 settings: +-1.5⁰ (0, +1⁰, +1.5⁰, -1⁰, -1.5⁰)
- Lie adjustability: Up to 3⁰ flatter